Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOC) Brochure - Updated 1/2014
This booklet educates consumers about home equity loans.
- What is a Home Equity Loan?
- What to Look for When Shopping for a Home Equity Loan
- How to Repay a Home Equity Plan
- Home Equity Loan Versus Second Mortgage Loans
- Glossary of Common Terms
- Where to Go for Help
- Home Equity Plan Checklist
January 2014 Updates:
1. The revised publication adds a reference to the requirement that lenders must provide borrowers with a list of housing counselors in their area, CFPB contact information, and updates to other Federal agency contact information.
2. It also adds CFPB resources for consumers including information about how consumers can submit a complaint to the Bureau, a link to the Bureau's online “Ask CFPB” tool to find answers to questions about mortgages and other financial topics, and a link to an online tool to find local HUD-approved housing counseling agencies.
Packages of 50
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org